Sunday, May 22, 2011

First Post

Maybe my boredom is getting the best of me, but I have decided to start a new blog... As you all most likely don't know I have two other blogs: The aptly named "Jimmyz Blog" and "Classroom Preoccupations." Each of which failed either becuase of either my lack of committment and technical difficulties, but most likely due to the lack of purpose. Hopefully, this blog will not follow this sad trend.

I recently have filled my abundant free time with Wikipedia browsing and have come upon the page for the academy awards (the link you will find to the right labeled "Movie List"). Going to each of the 80 odd movie's pages and reading about them. Most of the time not the plots but mainly the random trivia, cast, and/or production information.

After going through 20 or so I decided to watch them and why not write a review for each in a blog. I am no critic and most of these "reviews" will include such phrases like "it was good" or "I liked it" but maybe I will up the criticality and add some multisylabic words to a few. I also know finding these movies may be tough, not only becuase of the natural oppostion to spending money but becuase some of these movies might be hard to find.

I don't know how this will turn out or if I will lose interest in a few weeks but hopefully I don't.

Anyways... I talk to you later after the first movie on the list: Wings (1929)

Jimmy Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment